The 30-Day Yoga Challenge Based On The Morning Sun Salutation Yoga Exercise
Have you ever felt intimidated by an impressive Instagram picture of an exceptionally flexible yogi with their legs and arms bent or twisted in to some kind of unimaginable shape? Did it elicit in you an urge to try out some amazing yoga poses?
If so, then you should embrace this 30-Day Yoga Challenge based on the 5-minute Morning Sun Salutation Yoga Exercise. The Sun Salutation yoga exercise comprise a set of 12 yoga poses that are done in a sequence. This incredible 30-Day Yoga Challenge exercise will help you tone all over as well as prepare you for dozens of Instagram-worthy shapes you have always wanted to post. Additionally, there amazing benefits such as helping you tackle your busy day with a sense of purpose and calm.
Morning Sun Salutations are the Best Way to Start Your Day
The Sun Salutation Exercise is a sequence of 12 postures, each sequence having a different meaning and function. It is a daily exercise usually practiced at sunrise, facing the rising sun. Ideally, it is crucial to perform the exercise in the early morning outside facing the sun to be in touch with nature when honoring the sun as well as sharing your gratitude for its amazing energy. That said, below are the 12 poses that make the Morning Sun Salutation exercise.
How to do a Sun Salutation Video
How to do a Sun Salutation Step by Step
Make sure you are wearing comfortable clothing. Doing the exercise barefoot is best.
- Stand in Mountain Pose (Tadasana) and spread your weight uniformly over both feet. Establish a slow but steady rhythm for your breath and find your center.
- Inhale and slowly stretch your arms out sideways and overhead into Upward Hand Pose (Urdhva Hastasana). Stretch your arms to the heavens as you salute the sun.
- As you breath out, hollow out your belly and slowly bend from the hips while you keep the spine straight and connect down onto the earth. This is called the Standing Forward Bend/Fold (Uttanasana). Bring your hands in contact with the earth beside your feet, your fingers inline with your toes.
- As you inhale, stretch your spine into Half Standing Forward Bend (Ardha Uttanasana) where your right foot is in a stretched back position. In this pose, the spine is extended, the gaze is lifted and the fingertips can either stay in touch with the earth or raised to the shins.
- Exhale and gently hop your left feet back so that both feet are behind you into a Plank Pose. Keep your wrists flat on the floor, shoulders straight apart and your feet at hip distance. As your stretch your spine, take a deep breath.
- Exhale and lower into Four-Limbed Staff Pose (Chaturanga Dandasana), keeping both legs straight and either bringing your knees to the floor or pushing back into your heels. Hold this pose for a moment.
- Inhale and gently carve your chest forward into Upward-Facing Hand Pose (Urdhva Mukha Svanasana). Pull back your shoulders and open your collarbones. Relax your gluteal muscles as you engage your legs.
- Breath out and bring your knees back to the floor into Downward-Facing Hand Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana). Draw your hips back back slightly as your forehead comes in contact with the earth. Take five breaths while in this pose.
- Exhale while you bend your knees and gaze between your hands. Breath in and slightly hop your feet in between your hands. Return to Half Standing Forward Bend (Ardha Uttanasana).
- Exhale and slowly bend from your hips while keeping your spine straight. Stay in contact with the earth. This is called the Standing Forward Bend/Fold (Uttanasana), a similar pose you took in your third step. Bring your hands in contact with the earth beside your feet, your fingers inline with your toes.
- Inhale and stretch out your arms wide while coming to stand and back position. In this pose, your hands are stretched overhead into Upward Hand Pose (Urdhva Hastasana). Stretch your arms to the heavens as you salute the sun.
- Breath out and return to Mountain Pose (Tadasana), the first pose you took. Remain in this pose for a few breaths while you feel the movement of energy through your entire body.
In case you find it hard to establish rhythmic flow between poses, you can start by practicing the poses one by one until you have mastered them.
Sun Salutation Step by Step Guide
7 Benefits of Yoga & Sun Salutation Exercise
The 30-Day Yoga Challenge based on the Morning Sun Salutation exercise has multiple benefits that anyone who practices will enjoy. Here are just a few of the amazing benefits.
- Morning Sun Salutation is a great way to awaken your body and stretch your body muscles.
- It’s a great way to start your day as it builds in you the confidence you need to tackle the challenges of a busy day.
- The Sun Salutation is designed to make you strong, energetic and powerful.
- Practicing Sun Salutations for 30 days helps you gauge your progress in terms of your body’s capability to accomplish certain tasks.
- The exercises make your mind clearer and focus enhanced. This means you can accomplish your tasks faster and with enhanced precision.
- Yoga and Sun Salutations connect you with nature, hence growing your inner strength and power.
- Practicing yoga asana and Sun Salutations enable you to learn and adopt valuable poses such as the standing pose, the Padmasana cycle and the Sarvangasana cycle.
Colon Cleansing with the 30-Day Yoga Challenge
Colon cleansing is an important practice if you want to improve your health. Luckily, colon cleansing program can be assimilated into the 30-Day Yoga Challenge to achieve even better results. Colon cleansing is basically based on the theory of autointoxication.
Undigested meat alongside other foods can cause mucus to build up in your colon. This build up produces toxins that enter the blood circulation hence poisoning the body, though slowly but gradually. This is why you will always find many colon cleansing supplements in different supplement stores.
One such supplement that yields amazing results is the COLON RESET. It is a detox cleanse and laxative diuretic supplement that also eliminate unwanted pounds and annoying gas. This colon cleansing supplement has 60 capsules (full month supply) and is on sale with free shipping for Amazon Prime Members. The benefits can be much more if it is incorporated into the 30-Day Yoga Challenge.
Want to Win Cool Prizes?
Take a selfie of your 30-Day Yoga Challenge Result and get a Free Shout-out on the @VitaShipcom Instagram account and a chance to win a Free VitaShip.com Product. Email it to Selfie@VitaShip.com to win!