Serves: 4 servings
Serving size: about 1½ C pasta
Fat: 8 g
- 8 oz whole-wheat bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ C onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced or pressed (about 5 cloves)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 can (35 oz) no-salt-added whole peeled tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 8 pitted black olives, each sliced lengthwise into 6 pieces
- 4 fresh parsley sprigs, rinsed and dried (optional)
- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta, and cook according to package directions for the shortest recommended time, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion. Cook and stir for 5 minutes, until onion begins to soften.
- Add garlic, cayenne pepper, and anchovy paste.
- Cook and stir another 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, capers, and olives. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Divide pasta among four dinner plates (about 1½ cups each). Spoon sauce over pasta. Garnish with parsley if desired.