Serves: 4 servings
Serving size: 1¼ C salad
Fat: 10 g
- 1 can (15½ oz) low-sodium chickpeas (or garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 C cherry tomatoes, rinsed and halved
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt-free seasoning blend
- 4 whole inner leaves of romaine lettuce, rinsed and dried
- In a large salad bowl, combine beans and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, oregano, pepper, and salt-free seasoning blend. Using a wire whisk, beat the ingredients until they blend into one thick sauce at the point where the oil and vinegar no longer separate.
- Pour the dressing over the beans and tomatoes, and mix gently to coat.
- Line four salad bowls with one romaine lettuce leaf each.
- Top each leaf with one-fourth of the bean mixture, and serve.
Note: If you can't find beans labeled "low-sodium," compare the Nutrition Facts panels to find the beans with the lowest amount of sodium. Rinsing can help further reduce the sodium level.