Whole-Grain Strawberry Pancakes Recipe
Serves: 7 servings
Serving size: 2 oz-eq Grains (100% Whole Grain); ¼ cup Fruits
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 container (6 oz) vanilla low-fat yogurt
- ¾ cup water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ¾ cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 container (6 oz) strawberry low-fat yogurt
- Heat griddle to 375°F or heat 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Grease with canola oil if necessary (or spray with cooking spray before heating).
- In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In medium bowl, beat eggs, vanilla yogurt, water and oil with egg beater or wire whisk until well blended. Pour egg mixture all at once into flour mixture; stir until moistened.
- For each pancake, pour slightly less than ¼ cup batter from cup or pitcher onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbly on top, puffed and dry around edges. Turn; cook other sides 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top each serving (2 pancakes) with ¼ cup sliced strawberries and 1 to 2 tablespoons strawberry yogurt.