Yellow Potato and Red Pepper Shrimp Saute Recipe
Serves: 4 servings
- 3 medium yellow potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup white grape juice
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 12 oz frozen jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, no-sodium-added
- 1 medium fresh zucchini, cut in small chunks
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning, no-sodium
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, divided
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Pierce the skin of each potato with a fork; microwave potatoes on high for 2 minutes. Turn potatoes over and microwave 2 more minutes. Remove from microwave and let cool slightly.
- While potatoes are cooling, heat olive oil in large saucepan. Add garlic, onions, and bell pepper, and cook about 3-4 minutes.
- Cube potatoes. Add juice, water, and vinegar to saucepan; bring to boil. Add shrimp, zucchini, potatoes, and seasoning. Return to boil, and simmer 5-8 minutes, until shrimp, potatoes, and zucchini are done. The flesh of the shrimp should be an opaque color.
- Halve the lemon; squeeze juice from half the lemon into the saucepan.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and lemon wedges cut from remaining lemon half.