Mexican Lasagna Recipe
Serves: 8 servings
Serving size: 1 square
Fat: 10 g
- 10 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 C canned low-sodium black beans, rinsed
- 4 C Super Quick Chunky Tomato Sauce (see recipe on page 54) (Leftover Friendly)
- 1½ C Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 bag (10 oz) baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- 2 C grilled chicken, diced (Leftover Friendly)
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or substitute
- 1 tsp dried coriander)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Lightly spray a 9- by 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Place two to three corn tortillas on the bottom, trimming as necessary for a good fit.
- Add beans, 1 cup tomato sauce, and ½ cup grated cheese. Top with two to three more corn tortillas.
- Add 1 cup tomato sauce, spinach, and ½ cup cheese. Top with two more corn tortillas.
- Add chicken and 1 cup tomato sauce. Top with two more corn tortillas.
- Add 1 cup tomato sauce, ½ cup cheese, and cilantro.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and browned and chicken is reheated.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into eight even squares, and serve.
Children can help layer the “lasagna” ingredients.