Serves: 4 servings
Serving size: 3 skewers
Fat: 11 g
- For marinade:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced (about 2–3 cloves)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- ½ tsp salt
- For kabobs:
- 6 oz top sirloin or other beef steak cubes (12 cubes)
- 6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into ¾-inch cubes (12 cubes)
- 1 large white onion, cut into ¾-inch squares (12 pieces)
- 12 cherry tomatoes, rinsed
- 1 (4 oz) red bell pepper, rinsed and cut into ¾-inch squares (12 squares)
- 12 wooden or metal skewers, each 6 inches long (if wood, soak them in warm water for 5–10 minutes to prevent burning)
- Preheat grill pan or oven broiler (with the rack 3 inches from heat source) on high temperature.
- Combine ingredients for marinade, and divide between two bowls (one bowl to marinate the raw meat and one bowl for cooking and serving). 3 Mix the beef, chicken, onion, tomatoes, and red pepper cubes in one bowl of the marinade and let sit. After 5 minutes, discard remaining marinade.
- Place one piece of beef, chicken, tomato, onion, and red pepper on each of the 12 skewers.
- Grill or broil on each of the four sides for 2–3 minutes or until completely cooked (to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F for beef and 165 °F for chicken). Spoon most of the second half of the marinade over the kebabs while cooking.
- Serve three skewers per serving. Drizzle the remaining marinade on top of each kebab before serving (use only the marinade that did not touch the raw meat or chicken).