Serves: 8 servings
Serving size: 1 kabob
Fat: 1 g
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 2 red or green bell peppers, seeded
- 2 medium red onions
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium ears sweet corn nonstick vegetable oil spray
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- 8 6-inch wooden or metal skewers (optional)
- Rinse all the vegetables.
- Cut zucchini, squash, and bell peppers into 2-inch chunks. Cut red onions into wedges. Combine the cut vegetables with the tomatoes and mushrooms in a bowl.
- Cut the corn into 1-inch pieces and cook in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Add the cooked corn to the other vegetables.
- Mix the vinegar, mustard, garlic, and thyme for the sauce.
- Toss vegetables in the sauce and thread vegetables into skewers.* *If you use wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using.
- Before starting the grill, spray it with vegetable oil spray. Place the skewers on the grill over medium heat. Baste occasionally with extra sauce.
- Grill 20 minutes or until tender.
*If you use wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using.