Garden Frittata Recipe
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 medium unpeeled red potatoes
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch Italian kale (or other kale variety), approx. 6 oz
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- Beat eggs, pepper, and salt in large bowl, set aside.
- Microwave potatoes until slightly soft, but not completely cooked, then cube. (Alternate method without microwave: Cube potatoes and boil 5 minutes until slightly soft, drain.)
- Chop remaining vegetables while potatoes cool. Mix vegetables together.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch non-stick skillet. Sauté vegetables for 5-8 minutes; add to eggs and mix well.
- Pour egg-vegetable mixture into the same skillet. Cook over low to medium heat until eggs are almost set, about 8-10 minutes.
- Cover and let sit until eggs are completely set, about 5 minutes. Egg dishes should be cooked to 160 ºF.