Fiesta Lettuce Wraps and Pepper Boats Recipe
Serves: 4 servings
Serving size: (362 g)
- 6 sweet, mini bell peppers
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup instant brown rice, dry
- 1 lb tilapia filets, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 2 tsp Southwest chipotle seasoning, no-sodium
- 2 tbsp canola oil, divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 limes, divided
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Salsa Fresca:
- ½ cup yellow corn, frozen or canned, no-salt added
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- Slice peppers in half vertically. Arrange lettuce and 8 pepper halves on a serving platter.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- To make salsa fresca, dice remaining pepper halves, tomato, and onion; mix with corn, garlic, and jalapeño pepper, and ¼ tsp salt.
- Sprinkle both sides of tilapia filets with Southwest chipotle seasoning.
- Heat 1½ tbsp canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side (cook fish until it is opaque, 145 ºF). Flake with a fork and place in a serving dish.
- When rice is done, stir in remaining ½ tbsp oil, juice from one lime, and ¼ tsp salt. Cut remaining lime into wedges.
- To serve, set out pepper-lettuce platter, rice, fish, salsa fresca, sour cream, and lime, and let diners build their own boats and wraps.