Cocoa Spiced Beef Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa
Serves: 4 servings
Serving size: 4 oz tenderloin roast, ¼ C salsa
Fat: 9 g
- ½ Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (16 oz)
- For salsa:
- ½ C canned diced pineapple, in fruit juice, chopped into small pieces
- ¼ C red onion, minced
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or substitute ¼ tsp dried coriander)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- For seasoning:
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF.
- For the salsa, combine all ingredients and toss well.
- Let sit for 10–15 minutes to marinate while preparing the seasoning and cooking the meat.
- For the beef tenderloin seasoning, combine all ingredients. Lightly oil the tenderloin and spread an even layer of the dry seasoning over the entire roast.
- Place the seasoned roast on a roasting or broiling pan and roast for 10–15 minutes (to a minimum internal temperature of 145 ºF). Let cool for 5 minutes before carving into 16 slices (1 ounce each).
- Serve four slices of the tenderloin with ¼ cup salsa on the side.