Black Bean Quesadilla Recipe
Serves: 8 (as a side dish)
Serving size: ½ quesadilla
Fat: 4.5 g
- ¾ cup chunky salsa or Pico de Gallo
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat Colby & Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 8” flour tortillas
- ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Using small-hole strainer, drain liquid from salsa; discard liquid.
- Transfer leftover tomato mixture to medium bowl. Mix in black beans, cheese and cilantro until combined.
- Divide black bean mixture evenly over half of each tortilla (about ½ cup each). Fold tortillas in half.
- Heat large griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Brush with oil. Place filled tortillas on griddle. Cook, carefully flipping once, until tortillas are golden brown and crisp and cheese filling melts, about 5 minutes. Cut quesadillas into wedges.