Avocado Breakfast Bruschetta Recipe
Serves: 4 servings
Serving size: (251)
- 1 ripe avocado*
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 green onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil, plus 2 tbsp for garnish
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled
- 12 slices whole-wheat baguette bread
- ¼ cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- *A large avocado is recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces.
- Dice avocado, tomatoes, and green onions.
- Peel and chop hard-boiled eggs.
- Reserving 2 tbsp basil for garnish, gently toss first five ingredients in a small bowl. Add pepper to taste.
- Toast baguette slices and smear with ricotta cheese.
- Top with avocado mix and garnish with chopped basil.